Barca announces the signing Sassuolo’s forward, Kelvin-Prince Boateng on loan till the end of the season. This was announced on Monday.
The 31 years old arrives to boost the foward line of the Blaugrana after the exit of Munir El Haddadi earlier this month to Sevilla.
Sources have it known that there is an option in his deal to make a permanent move for €6 million in the summer.
Before the Blaugrana’s confirmation, Boateng himself had announced the deal in an interview with Sky Sports .
“Barca, I’m coming!” he said. ” I’m sad to leave Sassuolo but this is a great chance.”
In a 2017 interview, Boateng answered he preferred Real Madrid to Barcelona, while also stating in the past that he could have made it at the Bernabeu had he applied himself harder earlier in his career.
However, the player says his focus is on his new club, and aiming to find the net against Real Madrid when the two sides next meet in the Spanish capital on March 2.
“Don’t ask me about Real Madrid… is just the past! I only want to focus on Barcelona and I hope to score at Bernabéu for the next Clasico.”
The player will be presented on Tuesday, 22 January.
- 11.30am, contract signing in the President Suñol Box, in a private ceremony.
Here is the club’s schedule of events for his unveiling:
- 12.15pm, photo session on the field at Camp Nou.
- 1.00pm, press conference at Camp Nou